A Leader in Corporate Site Selection & Location Consulting Services
Forsythe & Associates Utilizes Data Analytics, Geographic Information System Technology, a Proven Process, and Expertise to Help Determine the Right Location for Companies.
We provide Site Selection and Incentive Negotiation
services to companies of all sizes, from small, family-owned enterprises to large, multinational conglomerates. Our experience has benefited Asian, Australian, European, and North American firms seeking locations to add manufacturing, distribution, and office capacity (shared services, engineering centers, and headquarters). Jeff’s publicly announced projects have resulted in more than $4 billion in capital investment, 17,000 full-time jobs, and 21 million square feet being developed.
The Forsythe & Associates’ location consulting process provides a solid framework for a defensible location decision, while also allowing for the flexibility necessary to adapt to changing company elements and discoveries in the field.
Our project responsibilities typically include feasibility studies, detailed property/infrastructure and community evaluations, workforce assessments
, comparative financial analyses, risk assessments, and strategic real estate and incentive negotiations
. In the end, all strategic and operational aspects of the location decision are identified and addressed.
Forsythe & Associates (F&A) employs a four-phase comprehensive site selection and incentive negotiation process, and our assignments are executed with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- F&A field work to assess Candidate Locations
- Mid-phase adjustment to reduce the number of Candidate Locations
- F&A/client team field work
- Prepare and present the comprehensive location analysis
- Determine the Finalist Locations
- Develop and issue the Incentive Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Perform the final property investigations
- Evaluate the proposals/financial modeling
- Conduct the final real estate and incentive negotiations
- Select the Preferred Location
- Finalize the development agreement(s)
- Conclude the real estate transaction
- Complete the public project announcement
- Prepare the incentive compliance manual
- Provide post-announcement incentive support
During the strategic location advisory and incentive negotiation process, Forsythe & Associates will identify and analyze a wide array of factors. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Site and/or building suitability
- Site preparation
- Utility infrastructure (availability, capacity, reliability, cost)
- Transportation infrastructure (road, rail, port, airport/runway suitability)
- Demographic trends (population, age, diversity, educational attainment, etc.)
- Labor market trends (availability, employment concentrations, specialization, compensation, etc.)
- Workforce recruitment, screening, and training resources
- Labor management relations (union local presence and election activity)
- Education (primary, secondary, postsecondary)
- Taxes (income, franchise, excise, sales, property, unemployment insurance)
- Financing opportunities (industrial revenue bonds, etc.)
- Quality of life (health care, housing, schools, crime, etc.)
- Leadership and political climate
- Incentive support