A Leader in Corporate Location Advisory Services.
Forsythe & Associates Utilizes Data Analytics, Geographic Information System Technology, a Proven Process, and Expertise to Help Determine the Right Location for Companies.
Forsythe & Associates provides Site Selection and Incentives Negotiation
services to companies of all sizes, from small family owned enterprises to large, multinational conglomerates. Our experience has benefited Asian, Australian, European, and North American firms seeking locations to add manufacturing, distribution, and office capacity (including shared services and headquarters). Jeff's publicly announced projects have resulted in more than $2.6 billion in capital investment, 13,000 full-time jobs, and 15 million square feet being developed.
Forsythe & Associates utilizes a proven process that provides a solid framework for a defensible location decision, while also allowing for the flexibility necessary to adapt to changing company elements and discoveries in the field. Project responsibilities commonly include: feasibility studies, detailed site/infrastructure and community evaluations, workforce assessments, comparative financial analyses, risk assessments, and strategic real estate and incentives negotiations.
Forsythe & Associates employs a four-phase process, and our assignments are executed with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Forsythe & Associates field work to assess Candidate Locations
- Mid-phase adjustment to reduce the number of Candidate Locations
- Forsythe & Associates/client team field work
- Comprehensive location analysis
- Determine the Finalist Locations
- Final property investigations
- Final real estate/incentives negotiations (multiple iterations)
- Incentives RFP
- Financial modeling
- Risk assessment
- Select the Preferred Location
- Finalize development agreement
- Secure formal approval of the incentives package
- Conclude the real estate transaction
- Project announcement of the selected location
- Prepare compliance manual
- Provide post-announcement incentives support as needed
During the location advisory process, Forsythe & Associates will identify and evaluate a wide array of factors. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Site and/or building suitability
- Site preparation
- Utility infrastructure (availability, capacity, cost, reliability)
- Transportation infrastructure (road, rail, port, airport/runway suitability)
- Demographics (population, age, diversity, educational attainment, etc.)
- Labor markets (availability, employment concentrations, specialization, compensation, etc.)
- Workforce recruitment, screening, and training resources
- Labor management relations (union local offices and election activity/results)
- Education (primary, secondary, postsecondary)
- Taxes (income, franchise, excise, sales, property, unemployment insurance)
- Financing opportunities
- Quality of life (health care, housing availability and cost, public/private schools, crime, etc.)
- Leadership and political climate